Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

Here are the answers to the SP10 Questionnaire:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love merino wool and alpaca. My favorite yarn is Malabrigo. I love the Fibre Company yarns. I love Debbie Bliss. I love Greater Adirondack. I don't like acrylic yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use my sheep to store my straights. I use a case from the Organized Knitter and a box.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for over two years. I am comfortable saying I am intermediate. I have made my first sweater and I am comfortable knitting patterns and learning new things yet I have not been successful with lace.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, sorry. I can create one as there are some books that are already in my library and others I would love to join my library.

5. What's your favorite scent?
I love sweet fruity clean scents. For example, grapefruit, citrus, and lemongrass. Nutty scents and floral scents make me feel egh.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I like jelly beans especially Belly Jelly. I like white chocolate reese's peanut butter cups once a month. However, I don't like chocolate. Seriously, I am not a fan of chocolate. I attribute this to my Caribbean heritage but I love sweet candies. I love Maynards Wine Gums from England and I love Dulce De Leche or Dulce De Coco.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't spin. I do love scrapbooking.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love jazz music, hard rock, female vocalists (like Tori Amos not like Celine Dion), and I like garage rock. My computer and ipod play mp3.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love earth tones, warm yellows and reds, and I love most shades of green. Charcoal grey, purples, and chocolate browns are beautiful! I am not a fan of yellow, pink, and orange.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have one DH. I have five furbabies also known as the owners of the house. Five cats. We are thinking about adopting a dog. Yes, we are crazy (but if we admit we are crazy does that really mean we are sane?)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, mittens and ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I just started making sweaters and I love it.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I am making a bunch (yes, a bunch) of baby blankets for pregnant friends. When it rains, it pours.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I think so.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I love circular needles and I love bamboo. I love the addi naturas and Bryson plastic ones. I love Lantern Moon ebony. I don't like metal needles as my hands heart when it hits together.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I currently own a winder. Yeah! I own a winder. Yeah!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I believe my oldest project is a sweater which I need to do all the finishing. I started it in September.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Sadly, all my favorite holidays have past. I love Halloween. I love Christmas. I love New Year's. I am on the holiday low.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really. Oh, but I do seem to have become attracted to Dia de los Muertos skeletons. I am loving the skulls.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I would love any of the Barbara Walker books. I love Malabrigo. I love alpacas and soft warm yarn. I don't have knitting subscriptions but I am a fan of Interweave and Vogue.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I always enjoy learning new techniques. I will probably take a new class in the Fall or Summer.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am not a sock knitter. No sock yarn please.

23. When is your birthday?
April 19 19XX.

2 threads:

At 11:17 PM Jodi said...

5 cats and maybe a dog, too? Sounds heavenly! I'm with you on the Malabrigo -- it's so soft and luscious to knit. I honestly feel like it's much easier on my hands and wrists.spqr4042

 
At 2:01 PM Anonymous said...

Hi there. I love Malabrigo so much. It's like buttah. I just read on Chappysmom blog that you work at Sticks and Stitches in Montclair. I'll stop in and say hello next time I'm over that way, especially since Deb said there is a nice selection of sock yarn.

 

Post a Comment