Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

I thought I was using the pillar stitch when I made the red scarf. In reality, I did something different and voila now it is the red scarf pattern. This scarf was made for the Orphan Foundation of America.




The Red Scarf
By: Monica T.

Abbreviations:
K… Knit
YO… Yarn Over
YF… Bring yarn forward
YB… Bring yarn back
S… Slip

Materials:
Berroco Ultra Alpaca (2 skeins)
Size 8 US Needle

Gauge:
18 stitches over 4 inches in stockinette stitch (however it’s a scarf- gauge is not critical)

Measurements:
5” X 60”

Directions:
Cast on 29 stitches
Row 1: K1, *YO, YF, S1, YB, K2, pass slip stitch over K2* repeat to end, K1
Row 2: Purl

Repeat Rows 1&2 until desired length

Cast Off.

Add Fringe if you would like.
Posted by Picasa

4 threads:

At 1:57 PM Unknown said...

That stitch looks like a great way to mimic crochet.

 
At 9:10 PM Bezzie said...

Exactly what elan said! I like it.

 
At 9:43 PM Sonya said...

I don't know which scarf I like best.

 
At 10:58 AM Batty said...

I love that scarf! I can't crochet straight, but that's a very lacy, elegant knit stitch that looks pretty darn similar.

 

Post a Comment