Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

This picture is taken from my front window. It looks utterly ugly outside. But, I had a snow day from work. So, I am very happy. I just threw some laundry in, watching the end of Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield, and I am about to hit the knitting. Now, over the next three weeks there will be a lack of knitting photos, unless I can get my friend to promise to not look at the site and even then I don't believe she won't look. I have an upcoming baby shower and I have been working my hands into a burning frenzy to get some gifts done. I promise to post photos after the shower.

Well, in addition, to my knitting retreat for the day. I brewed some Gingerbread coffee which was a gift from Adventures of a Busy Mama and let me tell you I love this coffee. I hope they do another Knitter's Coffee Swap because it was great. And, DH told me he liked this one because he felt the coffee was secretly for him. Thank you once again Kim!


Okay, so what's the deal with the paint chips? Well, our dining room is mustard. I am not a fan. I miss having one red room and a dining room that is red is so dramatic. The problem? Which red? Ugh. Now, I admit the red we had in our condo was the middle color in the strip all the way to the left. While, this color appears slightly fuchsia it didn't look that way in the room for lack of natural sunlight. Our existing room we want to paint has five windows so there is a ton of light. Decisions, decisions, decisions....
Posted by Picasa
Bonus Update: I am catching up on Roswell episodes due to a Sci-Fi marathon. I love it when I catch the good marathons on sci-fi.
Thanks to my SP! I received my gift and I can't wait to find some projects so I can use the yarn. Thank you!

6 threads:

At 4:58 PM C+SK said...

Ohhh those colour swatches are calling me!! :-) I love redecorating!

 
At 7:14 PM Deborah said...

yup, the weather truly sucks.

 
At 8:52 AM CynCyn said...

oy! a snow day! I love painting, but I have sworn off reds and oranges b/c of how many coats they require... b/c they look streaky. I kinda like the terra cotta colors on the second to last strip to the left.

 
At 5:30 PM MollyKnits said...

We have had snow day after snow day! As it is, I am going to have to be in school with the little rugrats until July!

 
At 6:32 PM --Deb said...

Ah, Roswell . . . I liked its first season and at least part of its third, but the second? Not so much....

It was great meeting you today!

And the red? I recommend putting samples on the wall--some paint stores will give sample-sizes of paint, but if not, buy a pint of the color(s) you really want. Then either paint a swath on different walls to see how the light hits it, or (and I loved this tip when I saw it) paint a piece of posterboard that you can move around the room. Then you can see a decent-size sample of the paint in different lights in the actual room, without committing yourself to a whole gallon . . .

(Yeah, like I'm the expert--I've painted one room in my entire life!)

 
At 6:58 PM Julsey said...

I like currant red and my valentine...We originally wanted a red dining room too, but Chris talked me out of it...he thinks our DR is too small :(

I will just have to live vicariously through your vibrant halls of eatery, my neighbor!

 

Post a Comment