Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

Someone was really nice and asked for the pattern to this scarf I made for my FIL. It is a slight variation of the scarf I made my dad. BTW, the photos don't show the basketweave well (oh well) which is obvious when you see it in person and the yarn is very soft and pretty. Here's the details....





Tom's Basketweave Scarf

Abbreviations:
K… Knit
P… Purl

Materials:
SWTC Karaoke
Size 7 US Needle

Gauge:
20 stitches over 4 inches in stockinette stitch (it’s a scarf- gauge is not critical)

Measurements:
8” X 60”

Directions:
Cast on 38 stitches

Border: Knit Seed Stitch (k1,p1) for six rows.

Row 1: k1,p1,k1,k8,p8,k8,p8, p1,k1,p1
Row 2: p1,k1,p1,k8,p8,k8,p8,k1,p1,k1
Repeat Rows 1&2 for ten rows This creates the first set of blocks

Row 3: k1,p1,k1,p8,k8,p8,k8, p1,k1,p1
Row 4: p1,k1,p1,p8,k8,p8,k8,k1,p1,k1
Repeat Rows 3 & 4 for ten rows. This creates the second set of blocks

Keep repeating Rows 1 & 2 for ten rows and then Rows 3 & 4 for ten rows until desired length.

Border: Knit Seed Stitch (k1,p1) for six rows.

Cast Off.

Notes:
I would make the scarf a little smaller if I had to do it again. In rows 1,2,3,4, I would knit and purl 6 stitches instead of 8 and then repeat for 8 rows.
Posted by Picasa

1 threads:

At 10:49 AM Anonymous said...

Nice! This is a great stash buster project.

 

Post a Comment