Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

It is official! I did it. I am so happy about this moment. I have knit, sewn, weaved in ends, and wore my first sweater. I cast on the Central Park Hoodie in October (I think and I am not confirming by looking on my own blog) and put it on pause after last semester's final and moving into the new house. For some reason this weekend I was overly compelled to finish a sweater. I think I was inspired to start a new sweater and in order to do that you have to finish one. In the back (you can't see from the picture) the cable continues up into the hood which is my innovative touch.
I did realize after trying on the sweater that I made the sleeves a tad to long. Here is the thing, I have disproportionately large arms. In fact, they are my abuela's arms. I sometimes call them turkey arms especially when I point them out and move them and then say "gobble gobble" (enough of my weird behavior). Here's my point, I have to figure out how to make the sleeves proportionate to my arms.


On Sunday, I picked out a beautiful button but I never added. I have to figure that one out as well. Oh, the Elizabeth Lavold Class AL is fabulous! It is soft and and the sweater is so damn warm. I can't wait to wear it to work tomorrow. Yes Margaret, I promise to wear this to sns on Sunday so you can see it.
Posted by Picasa

5 threads:

At 11:51 PM CynCyn said...

no pics of it on? how do u like the fit other than the too long arms? YAY for FO's!!! YAY!

 
At 1:22 PM yarn4kalei said...

That sweater looks beautiful! I love the color. It will nicely match a lot of outfits. I am hoping to complete my first sweater this year...we will see how it goes. :0)

 
At 11:56 AM Kerry said...

It's just gorgeous! You did a wonderful job on it!

 
At 5:01 PM C+SK said...

Yey!! Congratulations!!! It's gorgeous!! I bet it's warm and cosy!

 
At 2:05 AM Urology Surgery in India said...

Thanks for sharing post – much appreciated and now following you! Looking forward to your Post....

 

Post a Comment