Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

Well, this week has been packed with lots of stuff for a lack of a better word.

Monday
DH and I picked up a new tv and a camcorder for my class. I have to videotape practice sessions and analyze my verbal and nonverbal communication and interventions. Then we took out a friend for her birthday for lunch and then shopping at the mall. Then, we did a huge cleaning in the house. Then, we went to Bangkok Kitchen. Here's the thing, we were supposed to go to bk for Valentine's Day but the snowstorm interfered. The restaurant is fabulous. The cost was good, the flavor was amazing and the decor was lovely. I would totally recommend it and it is located in the main street of Caldwell.

Tuesday
I went out with my mom to Michael's to take advantage of their framing sale. We had a few sentimental pieces re-framed and it was a good thing because we learned masking tape was used which the glue has acid and was causing the pieces to deteriorate (the matte and backing were also not acid free). I was happy the frames will now coordinate with our style. Then, we stopped off at Starbucks for some caffeine and off to Jc Penney for their curtain sale. Oh yes, I did pick up some curtains but we are comparing to sets and deciding on one. Then, I met with my partners from class and did our practice sessions.

Wednesday
I went out with Margaret to Homegoods. (Yes, I noticed the trend of the shopping and trust me I am not happy about this spending spree. Some of the stuff has been long overdue). Ok, it seems I found a new quilt but not the pillows (on Tuesday) so I introduced Margaret to Homegoods in search of the coordinated shams. And this is what I call the Homegoods Game. Typically, I find one thing I like in Homegoods and then I need to find in another store the missing pieces. So, off to Parsippany HG we went where I found these stunning shams but no quilt so I bought it. And later that day we went to Cedar Knolls HG where I found the quilt that matches the shams but not the pillows that went with Tuesday's quilt. So, at this point stuff gets returned. Three HG in two days.

Well, we stopped off (finally) in Denville to visit Nonna's Knit Cafe. We were warmly greeted by the owners. I haven't seen a lot of Plymouth yarns so this was something new. Nonna's has Artyarns, Debbie Bliss, Odyssey, and something I was really excited about: Sublime. Sublime yarns I have read about on online UK stores and I was very happy to touch it. Oh, so soft. Yummy. Margaret picked up some of the fuzzy baby yarns and some patterns. I made a decision after all this home buying stuff not to buy anything on top of which I have more than a half dozen baby projects in the queue so until I can clear some space in my room there will be cease and desist on fiver purchases.

Speaking of Project A (which cannot be pictured as my friend checks my blog) is moving along quite well. I can't wait to finish!

Project B is slowly moving. It is divine working with the yarn.

Project C is on hold because I am focusing on A and B and well it is pretty quick.

Ok, hopefully I can finish these project so I can start posting photos of knitting projects.

3 threads:

At 11:05 AM Anonymous said...

I live about 5 minutes away from the Parsippany HG and Nonna's. Man did you get a lot done on Monday! If I clean house, then that takes the whole day!

 
At 2:56 PM C+SK said...

It sounds like a good time, though! :-)

 
At 5:32 PM Anonymous said...

My goodness you have done some running! Can't wait to see your knitting!

 

Post a Comment