Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

P1060675

Yeah! I am sorta back.

Ben and I went to Hoboken this past Saturday for some exploration. We found a coffee shop where I tasted the most delicious drink called a Sugar and Spice Latte. It was a beautiful day to explore downtown Hoboken.

More importantly, I finally made it to Patricia's Yarn. This was a reconaissance mission. I loved the Madelentosh Yarn. The sock yarn above in Thricket color is being made into the Wedge scarf pattern from Berroco. I was really tempted by the Spud and Chloe Sweater yarn. Hmmm, I am definitely heading back to pick up that yarn. As well, they have a great selection of Koigu. If you stop by grab a bite to eat at the Hoboken Cafe (right up the block) as they crepes, paninis, and wraps.

Ironically, I have been knitting the 5th Avenue Infinity Scarf which one of the employees of PY designed. I had some skeins of SWTC Karaoke in the stash which came out oh so nicely.

P1060676

It is a very easy pattern to memorize.


Source: 5th Ave Infinity Scarf by Tenten knits
Needles: Knitpicks (the acrylic ones), size 7, 40" circular
Yarn: SWTC Karaoke Color 279
Loved: Super quick knit and easy. It looks really nice when I wear it. Great for a gift.
Hated: Nothing. Although, if I redid it I would cast on less as mine appears very long.


4 threads:

At 9:48 PM Ellen Alexandra said...

wow, it's been like a year since you posted!

 
At 3:53 AM Lupie said...

Glad your back.
Patricia's Yarn does have some great yarns and Hoboken has some great places to eat. Next time you go check out the Frozen Monkey Cafe.
http://knittinglupie.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-01-03T05%3A25%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=32
Nov. 15th was the post I did about the trip and I have a link to the Cafe.

 
At 6:09 PM Ina said...

Welcome back! Nice haul, I look forward to seeing what they become.

 
At 8:10 PM Unknown said...

welcome back! love the colour of that yarn

 

Post a Comment