Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

So, I combined two patterns into this one and sorta just went with it. I hope it fits the baby it is intended (at some point in its lifetime).
It is the Cascade Superwash Handpainted yarn which is really nice to knit.

I thought the buttons were very cute and afterwards I realized I could have made the heart pattern larger.
If I made it again I would make the body in one color and the trim and heart in a contrasting color. I am still thinking about this whole pattern process.


Of course, another baby surprise jacket. I intentionally buy the Socks that Rock mediumweight at Rhinebeck just to make some baby surprises. I am going to attempt a hood to go on top just for something different. At this point all my STR is gone until Rhinebeck 2009.
Speaking of Rhinebeck (nine months away) I finally picked up the Sheldridge Farms yarn and I am so in love with this yarn. It is incredibly soft to knit and it definitely deserves its name "Soft Touch". I will post photos of the sweater I am making. Again, I am just playing with a sweater pattern from Custom Knits but making modifications here and there.

We had a good time during our snow day today. I made Farina for breakfast and pizza triscuits for lunch and chili for dinner. Luckily we had a movie from Netflix so Ben was able to finally appreciate Best in Show. Lots of knitting took place AND I took a mid day nap. It was a great snow day!
Posted by Picasa

9 threads:

At 7:25 AM Batty said...

Cute baby jackets! I really like the one with the heart. It looks great as is, but I do think a contrasting heart would be extra adorable. Not that a baby in hand-knits needs anything to be extra adorable...

 
At 12:02 PM Kim said...

What an adorable trio of sweaters! You are going hog wild with the baby knitting lately. I am so jealous of your snow day. I had to schlepp to work in the horrible weather. Ick.

Ahh Rhinebeck! Something to look forward to.

 
At 1:36 PM Unknown said...

I love the heart just as it is!

-Lynn

 
At 3:27 AM Tips and Tricks blog said...

A great post - I continually feel that it's less simple than I previously thought.

 
At 2:52 AM Dr. Surinder Bazaz said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

 
At 6:12 AM Dr. Rajesh Sharma said...

Thanks for knowing exactly when to tell me what I want to hear, when I want to hear it the most.

 
At 6:18 AM Dr. Rajesh Sharma said...

Amazing amount of great, actionable advice. I will keep coming back to this for a while to try and implement many of these! Thanks!

 
At 6:57 AM Dr. Ajay Lall said...

That is great to hear, thank you for reading!

 
At 2:53 AM Health and Wellness Blog India said...

That is great to hear, thank you for reading!

 

Post a Comment