Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

My friend Katie gave me some Reynolds Cabana in a soft green. I don't typically knit with chunky yarn but this felt nice and went pretty quickly. I think inheriting a lot of yarn from Katie (who also taught me to knit) was fabulous because I tried new colors. I followed an online raglan calculator to figure out how many stitches to cast on and just made it up from there. It has a simple seed stitch collar which I kept for the cuffs. It is shorter than my other sweaters but it's a summer knit.

Thanks to Katie who gave me the yarn!

I still need to pick up the hex coat. But, let me tell you what happened. I wasn't feeling well today and ended up sitting on my bed with a stack of inherited Interweave Knits (and some purchased at Elly's) from 2004 to recently and came across the Waterlily Top knit in Colinette Giotto (Spring 2006). Well, I have a lot in Sunrise color (soft and shimmery pink) so I am leaning towards this project. Although, I don't wear tank tops, so I may add sleeves to the piece. And, the color may match my skin tone too much (that might be interesting).

Happy Easter!
Posted by Picasa

9 threads:

At 8:54 PM cpurl17 said...

Lovely summer sweater! Katie sure is a wonderful friend.

 
At 7:17 AM Bezzie said...

I think that Sunrise color is the "in" color. I'm seeing it everywhere online lately!

Beautiful sweater! I love top downs!

 
At 8:49 AM Ina said...

Happy Easter! That's a great sweater, so versatile - appropriate with almost every outfit for almost every occasion.

 
At 12:07 PM Kim said...

Great raglan and the moss stitch edging is lovely! I love me a raglan! The WaterLily tank is purty. It's fun to go through back issues of IK. I always see something I wan to knit that I somehow missed the first time.

 
At 3:19 PM Sonya said...

Very pretty sweater. What a great friend Katie is!

 
At 9:27 PM Batty said...

That's very pretty! And such lovely yarn.

 
At 9:13 PM BEESTLYproducts said...

gotta love how fast you finish stuff in a heavier gauge!

 
At 4:06 PM Knittymama said...

Gorgeous!!

Where did you find the raglan calculator? I've love things like that, I hate all the math I have to do otherwise:-)

 
At 3:13 AM Urology Surgery in India said...

Amazing amount of great, actionable advice. I will keep coming back to this Post...

 

Post a Comment