Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

Tomorrow is the official start date of the unofficial Hex Coat KAL. Granted it only involves two of us -we have been planning this for quite some time. In fact, when I finished the Greenjeans cardigan, I didn't even cast on for another sweater. I did order my lopi lite and then did a gauge swatch which worked well. I got gauge! Tomorrow, I photocopy my pattern so I can make my notes and then the cast on.

In the one week I did not cast on a sweater (I really like knitting sweaters lately!) I thought it might be time to cast on the HP Prisoner of Azkabhan scarf in Ravenclaw (for me).

I had ordered the yarn from Knitpicks ages ago (I think it has been at least a year and a half). I ordered this yarn before I started knitting sweaters, so I did realize that this scarf, which requires ten skeins of the blue and two skeins of the grey, has enough yarn to make a sweater. Sadly, I won't wear this shade of blue as a sweater so a scarf it becomes.

Did you notice the sweet knitting bag? That was a gift from a friend of mine. I love it!
Posted by Picasa

5 threads:

At 11:09 PM IrishGirlieKnits said...

It may not be a sweater, but it is going to be an awesome scarf!!!

Love the knit bag!!

 
At 9:07 AM Bezzie said...

That is a cute bag!

Hex Coat? I dunno, I'd have to rename it. I'm superstitious like that ;-)

 
At 12:05 PM Kim said...

Happy New Year! Just wanted to say hi :)

 
At 12:06 PM cpurl17 said...

Knit gifts from friends are the best kind!

 
At 12:41 PM Batty said...

Great knitting bag! I also have a hard time making non-sweaters out of sweater amounts of yarn, but it's going to be a comfy, cozy HP scarf. That's a worthwhile fate for yarn.

 

Post a Comment