Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

I have not been able to put down the Cobblestone Cardigan and I am loving the sweater but not so much the yarn. Hy emailed me mentioning it isn't the softest and I sadly agree with her. Some of the stix knitting regulars have told me that with certain washes (a mixture of Euculan and vinegar) Lopi softens nicely, so that should work (fingers crossed) for Skye Tweed. It is definitely rustic loking.
I am on the third skein and I have been doing split and splice on this so (yeah!) no ends to weave in... oh but the sleeves are knit straight, but I am already knitting on a circular so I am going to explore how to attempt it (yet again) with the magic loop.
Ella, caught in the act, said, "What the hell? I haven't authorized a photo session. I need to speak to my agent."
Posted by Picasa

7 threads:

At 7:50 PM Batty said...

The stitch definition on that yarn is amazing. I hope it really softens up as you wash it!

Ella is adorable. How dare the silly human take her picture without permission? Just because you provide the kibbles doesn't mean you're the boss of this cat. : )

 
At 11:07 PM CynCyn said...

i hear tell that if it's wool, hair conditioner will soften it up too! ella's a cutie!

 
At 11:22 PM sunneshine said...

I hope it softens for you! It does look amazing - how much of a slave to looking great are you?

Ella looks great! We should all be so photogenic without permission!

 
At 10:12 AM Midnight Purls said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it softens. It's such a pretty yarn, it would be a shame if it wasn't great for next to the skin wear.

 
At 8:22 PM Deborah-- said...

Wash it with a little bit of shampoo and conditioner. It works like a charm for the "less than totally desirable to touch" yarn!

 
At 9:05 PM BEESTLYproducts said...

i can't wait to see it all finished..... I want to make it pretty badly. Phew! i just caught up on your blog (all 17 posts!) and let's just knitch and coke museums sound like my kinda party.

 
At 9:36 AM Deborah said...

I love the lopi pattern books but I've never been brave enough to try any garmets with that scratchy stuff. I've made a few bags with it though. Can't wait to hear how your project turns out.

 

Post a Comment