Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

I agree, why knot? The second day in Atlanta we hit the yarn shops which worked perfectly because it was a Sunday, there was no traffic and there was plenty of free parking. At Why Knot Knit, located in a cute little house in Buckhead area, parking is not an issue with a parking lot in the back and some spaces in the front.
I met Monica the owner who was very nice. One local shopper immediately approached Ben and I. She was so incredibly nice (and no we can't remember her name) and then I found out she was just spending the afternoon hanging out. Why Knot... has tons of yarn, Blue Sky (a popular yarn it seems), Manos, Lorna's Laces, Berroco, and much more. The front room looks like it is for baby yarns primarily, and in the front of the shop is a seating area, there are additional rooms throughout the store.

I saw this sign in the very back room of the shop, "Learn to Knit Socks" which is tied into this...

The Atlanta Knitting Guild (a very big group) was participating in knitting the world's largest sock. The largest sock? It started in England and is travelling the world. This is acrylic and circular needle heaven. I found this site where it was before arriving in Atlanta, read it here (BTW, I met KateyJ who is pictured on that blog, small world). Did I knit on it? Why, yes I did, why knot?

My sex? Sadly, not much. They had just finished up a big sale and although I was tempted by Ranco, I picked up two skeins of Lorna's Laces in River.
Posted by Picasa

0 threads:

Post a Comment