Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

Thank you so much to my SP10 spoiler! Look at this wonderful package which includes: Knitpicks Color Your Own yarn, all sorts of dyes, two types of tea, coffee creamer, chamomile soap, a lovely needle case (and I forgot to pull them out but there is also some kool aids for dyeing). Izzy even investigated the package but for some reason was camera shy so only his derriere is shown. My SP has been very thoughtful.
Margaret got me some Lorna's Laces Purple Club for my birthday. Here it is all wound up. Oh, it's so pretty. Well, I tried the garter rib pattern but I ripped it, and then I tried the Tropicana pattern from MagKnits but it was too big (I think I added a few extra stitches), and at that point I went with straight stockinette. In Tropicana's defense, the yarn looked amazing in the pattern. BTW, I just noticed MagKnits has a new issue, I think the Judith is nice.
So, here is sock #1, done. I go on to sock #2. Lorna's pools in strange places, but it's a lesson in letting go, it's all good. And when all is said and done, it is a sock, that goes on my foot and will be used quite happily.
And at stix yesterday, what did I notice? Oh, the lime green chibi which fits oh so perfectly in the belly of my lime green frog. Ribbit. My frog is full. I did also pick up some Claudia Handpainted for my spoilee in two swaps but due to possibility of revealing myself I cannot post. I haven't knit with Claudia (yet).
Posted by Picasa

2 threads:

At 8:57 PM Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks! My Lorna's Laces socks pool, too, but the colors are just gorgeous.

 
At 9:16 AM Deborah said...

Happy belated birthday. Great photo shoot of the lake too!

 

Post a Comment