Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

When stix got their shipment of the Cascade Superwash I bought three different shades of brown and one crimson red to make a LCB (log cabin blanket) for my mom for Christmas. Ok, that was last year around this time. Friday when I organized some of my stash back into the knitting room (yes, eventually I will post photos of the room) I found the center beige square. Granted when I originally cast on I was thinking of making the queen sized throw ...ahem I gained my sanity back and will only make a lap blanket. What is good with this project is that you can determine how large you would like the blanket to be.

KnitXCore posted a comment challenging me to finish this blanket. I accept. I think competition can help both of us finish more of the blanket. Today, I picked up additional yarn for the project at stix and in additional colors (see squash and green).

My blanket now measures 19" x 24" so it is closer to a baby blanket size. I don't know how much he has completed. I noticed the yarns he selected look similar to the ones I have (minus green, yellow and red). Ok, KnitXCore, where are you on this project?

Posted by Picasa

7 threads:

At 7:13 PM sunneshine said...

I love the colors in your blanket!! Can't wait to see Robbie's.

And thanks for the link to Skeins Her Way for the contest. Nothing like setting some goals to get focused!

 
At 8:54 PM C+SK said...

Ohhhhh those are some gorgeous colours!!!!

 
At 9:52 PM forgetfulstitcher9 said...

I'm going to enjoy listening to you knit this blanket. Wasn't there "something" about the yarn that made you decide not to finish it in the first place??? I too challenge you (you don't get to do the same in return). I'm looking forward to your finished WIP!!


Ciao

 
At 10:03 PM IrishGirlieKnits said...

Those colors are gorgeous!! Great job so far!! A competition sounds good...cause you can get sick of garter stitch pretty quickly!!

 
At 10:28 PM Anonymous said...

Looking good! I'm rooting for you to win this challenge, but really, there are no losers in such a contest!

 
At 10:58 PM CynCyn said...

nothing like a little competition to get you going, huh? I'd be sneakier and not be posting my progress, but that's b/c I want to win win win.

 
At 12:27 PM Anonymous said...

Very fun! Love those blankets. It's going to be gorgeous.

 

Post a Comment