The particulars - Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag 7 others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog. I’ve been tagged by Midnight Purls!
1. I am addicted to Mountain Dew. I have been since college and as I type I sip the green magic potion. I have to give it up every so often and around mid-terms and finals I am drinking a 2 liter bottle all by myself.
2. I have rules. I have lots of funny rules which I considered learned behavior from my dad. The way to drive, the right way toilet paper should be placed in its holder, the proper way to answer the phone and take a message, how the newspaper should be placed in order after being read, how to fold towels, where things go in the fridge, that plastic bags from the supermarket should be tied in knots, there are lots of rules.
3. I love Sci-fi movies and at this point being able to quote Star Wars makes me a geek. I love X-Files (btw we are on season 4), Buffy, Angel, Battlestar, and yet no Star Trek. I love X-Men and even collected the comic books at one point. I have interrupted students I work with to correct them on X-men trivia. I got into a debate with the custodian over Battlestar vs. Stargate.
4. I loved insects when I was a kid. I went to the Smithsonian and some old lady was there holding a tarantula in her hand and held it to my face. Now, I don't recall if I ran screaming from this but I certainly had nightmares ever since then and I now have a huge fears of anything with more than four legs.
5. I studied Russian in college. I love Russian. It is my favorite language in the world, it sounds so sexy. My best friend speaks it and I never practice but when I have more time I will take lessons (and art lessons).
6. I need breaks. I am an only child and sometimes I need breaks from everything (work, friends, family, reality). I have a tendency to isolate myself every so often and turn off the telephone and email and...knit or watch tv. Next day I am back to my usual self.
7. I have been substituting teaching Spanish for a couple of months and I seriously liked teaching. I never wanted to teach because my whole family is in education (here in the US and Puerto Rico). But, I really liked teaching.
I tag-- Margaret, Kim, Dee, Ida, Claudia, Deborah, Kim
Also for another contest click here!
- At 8:16 PM sunneshine said...
The rules make me laugh! I have rules for behavior... my husband has rules on how the dishes are washed and laundry is done - LOL! Such a fun meme, learning so many interesting things...
- At 8:43 PM Amy said...
I need breaks too. I totally get that.
If you're ever in Minnesota and want to spend more time on Russian studies, Concordia Language Villages up in Bemidji (a famous and highly acclaimed language school) just bought this gorgeous lakeside resort, with log cabins, etc., to use as a Russian camp. It's so beautiful, and a fabulous location. Heck, I'd go there, and I don't speak a word of Russian.
- At 10:07 PM KnitXcorE said...
the TP must come from the back and be folded into a triangle.... towels should be folded in half lendthwise and then into thirds.... no one ever does is right :-)
- At 11:41 AM Cordelia said...
I have a rule for toilet paper too. It's easier to get off the roll that way, doesn't everyone see that??? :-)
- At 3:12 PM Robin said...
Interesting list! I totally agree on #6, and I wasn't an only child (two younger brothers, five and nine years younger though.)
- At 9:25 PM CynCyn said...
we all have funny rules... some of us just don't recognize it. I'm not an only child and I still need my alone time. more of whether you're extraverted vs introverted, I think.