Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

Kerry, my SP9 Host, sent out an email asking everyone to answer, "Tell me a random wacky fact about you, something that nobody would ever guess about you. The wackier the better."

OK, my random fact is I am scared of balloons. I hate the noise of popping balloons and if kids are playing with balloons I will walk away to get some distance in case they might pop. At Rhinebeck I had to leave a stand because a child was playing with one of those balloons shaped like an animal and I was upset because I wanted to go into the booth but I was too anxious. I looked up the word for fear of balloons and found a couple different words.

6 threads:

At 12:12 AM Anonymous said...

Perfect photo to illustrate your point.

 
At 8:25 AM Deborah said...

That is hysterical!

 
At 10:09 PM Jodi said...

Everyone has their thing. I'm afraid to scuffle my way through piles of leaves b/c there could be a dead squirrel or mouse body in there. Eek! Rodents are not my thing.

I agree with about Malabrigo -- the stuff is heavenly. I knit a little Debbie Bliss shawl collar cardigan using "Emerald Viv" a while ago, and it was my favorite project ever.

 
At 7:48 AM Cece said...

Huh. I love balloons! I had them all over at my wedding... never thought that someone could be afraid of them - of course, the popping noise is pretty bad.

 
At 8:07 AM Anonymous said...

I am the exact same way about balloons. When I see a baby playing with one, I physically cringe and sweat and make my husband take it away. Even if we're not related to the child! I have given up many things from my purse to entertain children just because I can't stand to see them with a balloon. Oh, and that squeal when little fingers grab the rubber too hard...eeek!

 
At 5:44 AM Ann said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. The pattern for the baby blanket is from a Sirdar (Snuggly 4ply) pamphlet that I bought from my LYS. I have also knitted a matching hat & there are also patterns for matching jackets(with & without hood).

 

Post a Comment