Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

I have been so incredibly tired. It seems with my part time work and internship I worked 21 days straight without a day off to relax and recuperate. Monday, I called out and slept. Tuesday, we left early due to bad weather and didn't go to class. Wednesday, no internship due to bad weather. Out of nowhere, I have been catching up on sleeping and cleaning.

The Hex Coat is not really going anywhere. I am committed to finishing the back today. There is not a lot left to complete it, so I need to get over this little hump. I think I got tired of the moss stitch. So to keep myself distracted I started making a baby blanket in Fibre Company Babe using a linen stitch. This baby blanket goes to Heidi and Brad's second baby that is arriving in a few months. This project is not a huge stretch from the hex coat as far as the quantities of knits and purls, but I like.
At my part time job during my ten minute breaks I would work on a pair of socks, and here they are. I was at the toe Monday night so I finished the second sock yesterday. I just need to weave in the ends. This is knit in Colinette Jitterbug, colorway is Mist, on size US 2. The pooling is wacky, but that's Colinette.

So, what did I do after I finished the second sock of the Colinette, I, again, started the Socks that Rock in Hot Flash. It is medium weight and I cast on watching Willow. Then ripped it this morning because it was too wide and cast on with less stitches. Originally, I bought this yarn for MIL, but she never emailed me her foot measurements. I am debating who's going to get these socks.
After we cleaned a little bit wednesday and I was taking photos for this post, I turned to the sofa and saw this... Her Puffiness with her Terrier-ness.


Last night, Ben woke up in the middle of the night to discover one of the cats sleeping in
Maya's dog bed. So where was Maya? Maya opened the door to the guest bedroom and was strethed out on the bed.
Posted by Picasa

6 threads:

At 8:19 PM Batty said...

Get some rest, sounds like you could use it.

 
At 8:52 PM KnitterMama said...

I can't believe that you can get any knitting done during your break. Your job is exhausting!

 
At 9:00 PM cpurl17 said...

I'm glad you got to catch up on your sleep!

Those crazy kitties sleep where they want, don't they?

 
At 2:29 AM IrishGirlieKnits said...

I hope you keep up the rest!! Hang in there!!

Love the socks! Both the finished ones and the ones on the needles :)

 
At 9:03 AM Bezzie said...

Hee hee, yup, that's Colinette, but they're still pretty!

 
At 10:29 AM Ina said...

Take good care, flu is on the rise!

Wacky pooling? Uh, looks fine to me.

 

Post a Comment