Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

Here is the first finished sleeve. Can you see the difference in length?

So, I got home tonight from stix and began cutting the second sleeve all by myself.
I pulled out The Big Book of Knitting which I have been informed by several people is only book they are aware of that covers shortening and lengthening sweaters (after you have finished knitting them). And began cutting the second sleeve.
I cut off over eight inches. I am now knitting the cuff.

Well, I was working on the sweater until one Puffiness launched one of her revolutionary protests and sat on my sweater.
That's okay, I finished the body of Purple Gable and I cast on the sleeve for this sweater (backround purple). Since, I am doing one of my old reliable 3/4 sleeves knitting the remainder of the sweater should not take so long.

OMG! I passed the comps! Who-hoo! Thanks to everyone who posted comments and sent emails!



Posted by Picasa

13 threads:

At 9:12 PM CynCyn said...

Congrats on passing comps!! Woohoo!! CPH looks great, I didn't know that about alpaca. Hmmm.

 
At 10:18 PM Batty said...

Congratulations on passing the comps! Yay! If you can cut into a sweater and shorten sleeves, you can pass the comps. That was a no-brainer!

 
At 10:57 PM BEESTLYproducts said...

you're an animal.... so daring to chop off a sleeve!!!! it'll be worth it in the long run though.

 
At 12:39 AM IrishGirlieKnits said...

Congrats on passing your comps! Great job!! And cutting a sweater all in the same weekend! Go you!!

 
At 8:29 AM Glenna C said...

Congratulations on comps! And also on the sweater repair, that must be emotionally satisfying in the end.

 
At 12:21 PM Kara said...

You are so brave to cut a sleeve!

Congrats on the comps, that is awesome!

 
At 12:35 PM Kim said...

Congrats on passing the comps! The shortened sleeve looks great. You can see your hand now!

 
At 12:55 PM sunneshine said...

You are so brave!! The sweater looks amazing!!

 
At 10:41 PM Unknown said...

So nice to be able to use your hands.

Congrats!

 
At 7:27 PM Bezzie said...

EEEK! You're brave!!

Way to go!

 
At 12:22 AM Ina said...

Congratulations on passing your comps! And the sweater is looking great.

 
At 2:09 PM Anonymous said...

congrats!!!! :-)

-athena

 
At 12:53 PM Sonya said...

oh how scary. You did a great job.

Kudos to you on the test!

 

Post a Comment