Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About


So, I obviously spent a lot of time studying for my final this Wednesday. Ahem. Yeah. I only have to read ten chapters and then remember what I read. You have to give me some slack it is the official last test I have to take in the program. I keep thinking don't screw this up you are so close to the end.

I finished the last two sleeves of Green Gable and it fits great. It is a little big because I did panic about the size of my arms and I think I really could have gotten away with the smaller size (I did something in between). I did extend the stitch pattern at the top because I thought it was pretty and tasteful. I didn't make 3/4 sleeves rather did the full sleeve. The arms were a little baggy and Lisa validated my belief that this should be a full sleeve. Okay, last thing, the rib at the bottom keeps curling up which is driving me crazy. I didn't do the rib in the larger needle as recommended so I am debating if I should go back reknit the rib much looser (it worked on the cuffs) and a little longer. Ideas?
Posted by Picasa

8 threads:

At 12:21 AM IrishgirlieKnits said...

Wow! Your purple gable is looking great!

Good luck on your last test!!

 
At 12:18 PM KnitXcorE said...

no dice, girly.
my malabrigo sweater is starting to do some weird stuff.
I'm kinda pissed.
i may try to re-block it.

 
At 11:17 AM CynCyn said...

Hope last test went well. I think re-doing the rib in a bigger needle will help with the curling.

 
At 11:20 AM Kim said...

Looking excllent! I always opt to do a full sleeve rather than a 3/4 sleeve. Curling ribbing? That's very strange.

 
At 11:28 AM Deborah said...

now that school is out monica, maybe i'll spend a day knitting with you over at your shop. i hope you did well with the finals!

 
At 11:26 PM Ina said...

Good luck with the official last test!

Curling ribbing? How strange. Doesn't one usually knit ribbing on a smaller needle, not a larger one?

 
At 7:46 PM Claudia said...

It's looking great!!!

Have you blocked it? That may stop the bottom from curling. Otherwise, get some cotton ribbon in the small colour and hand sew it on the inside - that should give it enough weight.

 
At 7:47 PM Claudia said...

I meant same colour, not small...

 

Post a Comment