Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

DH and I made a weekend out of Rhinebeck. We considered it a postponed anniversary celebration (I was in class during the actual event). We stayed in Millbrook around 30 minutes from my desired destination and ate at a great French restaurant called Cafe Les Baux the Friday night we arrived. The food was yummy, as we shared a cream of garlic soup (one because it was filling and two because we wanted to cut down on the stinkiness factor later). I had lamb in wine sauce and Ben, my little Redcoat, had mussels.

Saturday we arrived early, sorta 9:15 am, we were on line at The Fold for the annual Socks that Rock line-o-rama. Here's the 411: Go in with a team of comrades. One of you stay in line. This is a key position, while the others seek out yarn. And rotate positions as needed. DH obliged as I picked up three skeins (my first STR stash, yeah!). Now, you might want to know what colors you want in advance but I had no clue. On line, I noticed a beautiful Central Park Hoodie who I later learned was Shameeka (who btw was seaming this thing up the night before!). Shameeka also informed me that usually after the stampede is over at STR, there is mostly the pink shades left. Very interesting.

I think the Blogger Bingo was a blast! I met sooo many people who have already been added to my Bloglines and Ravelry Friends list. I loved walking up to people announcing, "I'm a square! You're a square". Granted some didn't appreciate my offbeat humor, I had fun approaching people with such ease (especially because I am super shy). So, here's my no photos rundown: I saw Deb and her mom a gazillion times. I met Necia finally. I talked to Marilyn for a while. I met Rachel or rather introduced myself while she was acquiring coffee. I saw a lot more folks...

Of course, lunch consisted of Fried Artichokes and beer. Love those artichokes!

Other things to know:
I did pick up the samoyed dog yarn. It is actually 50% samoyed, 50% merino wool. It only slightly smells of the dog, maybe I should have inhaled prior to purchase, who knows? A friend knit it up and said it was super soft and incredily warm.
I picked up a Moving Mud closure. I love their buttons!
Thanks to Shameeka I picked up buttons from Briar Rose, which I am loving.
Thanks to RosiG, I am now in love with Shelridge Farms Soft Touch yarn (but they didn't have a lot left when I went).

Here are my photos!
Me, Kim, Shameeka, and Yvonne. (Yes, people I am in the photo, there is an actual photo of me, but let me explain, I have no hair style right now so wherever it goes is beyond my control or even thought process).
Ben eating cheese. The man enjoyed wine and cheese festivities as I met other bloggers at the meet up.
Sheep!
And the plural of sheep is.... sheep!

I promise to post more photos tomorrow. Tell of my escapades at Terrapin with some Canadians and what Sunday involved. It was great meeting everyone who I met this weekend! If I forgot to list you please leave a shout out in the comments!
Posted by Picasa

12 threads:

At 8:32 PM C+SK said...

Ohhh that sounds like so much fun!!! Maybe I'll get to go next year!

 
At 10:03 PM IrishGirlieKnits said...

Sounds like you had a great time!! And you've added some Socks that Rock to your stash...perfect weekend indeed :)

 
At 10:08 PM --Deb said...

It was so funny how we kept bumping into each other! In such a good way--it was such a great day!

 
At 11:17 PM Sonya said...

Wow it sounds like a great day!

Fried artichokes, I would so love that.

 
At 8:39 AM Kim said...

I'm glad you had such a good time...I'm jealous! Considering I have family in that area maybe I should go one year? When I'm not in school I guess...

I'm curious to hear your reportings on the samoyed yarn!

 
At 12:52 PM Deborah said...

soweee i didn't get to see you... i guess i'll just have to visit you (finally) at the shop.

 
At 2:18 PM Unknown said...

I'm so jealous, why don't we have fibre festivals like that in Canada? Glad to hear it was such fun, maybe I could convince Mark to come with me & make it a kid free escape next year.

 
At 3:02 PM Anonymous said...

It was so great meeting you too! And you and I can totally hang out with our no hair style. I just let it be.

Necia

 
At 5:20 PM Ina said...

Ooh, your first STR! Can't wait to see what you make of them.

 
At 11:16 PM Anonymous said...

Rhinebeck was THE BEST!! It was great running into you several times on Saturday. Didn't see you at the Ravelry party. Enjoy the STR, it truly does rock.

 
At 8:42 AM Glenna C said...

Hi! It was nice to meet you - you were the one with the 'hand over the sock yarn' shirt, yes? ;) (my brain is so fuzzy) I am bummed, I never found the Sheldridge Farms or the Briar Rose vendors, I guess I was too distracted as a first-timer. I have to go again!

 
At 9:32 PM Jeanine said...

How did I not meet you considering I drove to RB with Necia and I was with Rosi when she bought her Shelridge Farm yarn? LOL. I got some too in Turquiose. It is a nice yarn.

 

Post a Comment