Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

Vacation, all I ever wanted, vacation, I had to get away...-The Go-Gos

Obviously, a child of the 80's, I have this line in my brain as we have not had a vacation in two years. This month DH and I are doing a little roadtrip to the heart of America and I want to hear about your vacations, so here's the rules:

1. Post on your blog any of the following: wacky vacation story, photo from wacky vacation, or photo of wackiest vacation memorabilia.
2. In the comments of this post let me know it is posted. Make sure to include your blog's address so I can read it.
3. Have fun!
4. The prize will be some Lorna's Laces sock yarn.
5. The deadline is August 10, 2007.

My confession? So many, ok, when I was very young we went to Disneyworld. Everyday they would have a parade of the characters. They were running late or we had ten minutes to wait and I finally told my parents it was time to leave because I didn't wait for Mickey. Maybe, if I knit back then I would have waited. I lacked patience at a young age.

31 threads:

At 7:42 PM Bezzie said...

Hee hee, cool challenge.

Don't worry, Mickey was just some guy in a Mickey suit. You didn't miss much ;-)

 
At 10:15 PM BEESTLYproducts said...

i went to williamsburg with my grandparents. early in the day, I saw my grandma chatting with one of the crazy character actors (not to be mistaken as a mascot) dressed up as crazy tourist. Later in the day, we went to see a show and the same actors were part of it. They pulled me down on the stage and made me dance around and threw me all over the place. Well as it turns out, my grandmom had cooked up the entire plan with the actors.
EMBARASSING!

 
At 2:11 PM Unknown said...

Great contest... I have too many wacky stories, it was hard to choose one. But you can read about it at purlsandlace.blogspot.com

 
At 10:53 AM Anonymous said...

My family's most memorable vacation also happened to be the worst vacation. We were going to spend a week at a family friend's house on Lake Ontario. First, from the beach you had a clear view of the nearby nuclear power plant. The beach was covered in dead fish and my mother got sun poisoning. Our second night there, the house was invaded by these flying ants. We went to the crappiest parade ever in the nearby town (I remember the scary angry looking clowns). Then we saw On Golden Pond. We left after our third night because the stove exploded.

 
At 4:48 PM Krysstyllanthrox said...

Two vacations worth of memories on my blog. Thank you for reminding me of some great (and not-so-great) things that I had forgotten. I need to call my parents and remind them about them.

http://www.aimlesstangents.com/blog

 
At 11:17 AM Abril said...

Here are some pictures from my recent vacation

http://knitting-en-spanish.blogspot.com/2007/07/europe.html

Thanks for the contest!

 
At 12:05 PM Bezzie said...

Alright, here's my long rambly post!
http://rkbezzie.blogspot.com/2007/08/vacation-fun.html

Great idea!

 
At 5:29 PM Purple E said...

Very funny thought. Here is my entry: http://purpleismycolor.blogspot.com/2007/08/wacky-vacation-story.html

Best of luck to my fellow contestee's.

 
At 12:30 AM funfairiegirl said...

yep...had to share mine. just because...

http://fairieknits.blogspot.com

 
At 1:44 AM Alisha said...

Stumbled across your contest via Bezzie. I posted a story for ya...enjoy reading!!!

Great contest idea to by the way!!!

Be sure to leave a comment and you might win stich markers!!!

 
At 7:24 AM Alisha said...

http://talesfromaselftaughtknitter.blogspot.com/

Forgot to leave the link.

 
At 11:15 AM Anonymous said...

My vacation story is here: http://mysteryhouse.typepad.com/miss_ts_mystery_house_of_/2007/05/no_yarn_for_me.html

 
At 11:47 AM Christine said...

You can find me here:
www.thingsIdo.typepad.com

Don't forget to click on the scenic water scene to play the video!

I must confess I sanitized my post and left a few things out such as the boyfriend's elderly father's broken clavicle that occurred hours before we arrived to the house in CT. We stood around outside thinking, "Gee, they knew we were coming. Where did they go?" Oh, to the ER. Luckily it's a small fracture and he's on the mend and is in good spirits.

 
At 6:15 PM Beverly said...

Great contest! Come and hopefully get a giggle at my story...

http://mysedentarylife.blogspot.com

 
At 8:02 PM Sssarahevt said...

I'm on this like snow on a big rig!

www.sssarahevt.blogspot.com

 
At 5:38 AM Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

GAH! I missed the deadline, but I'll have to write about my 1st wedding anniversary weekend getaway from hell. Here's a teaser - our wedding date coincides with the opening of deer hunting season.

 
At 5:27 AM Medical Value Travel India said...

Thanks for sharing post – much appreciated and now following you! Looking forward to your Post....

 
At 12:53 AM Prostate Cancer Treatment in India said...

Amazing amount of great, actionable advice. I will keep coming back to this Post....

 
At 2:08 AM Health Blog India said...

its very cute. thanks too share.....

 
At 5:10 AM prostate cancer surgery india said...

Great post and thanks for sharing....

 
At 12:31 AM Tips and Tricks said...

I love that idea. Awesome Post..

 
At 4:49 AM penile prosthesis said...

Thanks for sharing that. It was fun reading it. :-)

 
At 6:43 AM Dr. K S Sivakumar said...

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!

 
At 4:36 PM Stem Cell Therapy for COPD in India said...

Thanks for great article sharing...

 
At 4:37 PM Stem Cell Treatment for Diabetic Foot in India said...

Greetings and thank you very much for share

 
At 4:38 PM Stem Cell Therapy For Macular Degeneration in India said...

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!

 
At 4:38 PM Stem Cell Treatment for Cerebral Palsy in India said...

Thank you, that was just an nice post!!!

 
At 4:39 PM Stem Cell Therapy For Chronic Kidney in India said...

Thank you so much share nice article

 
At 6:46 AM Dr. Archit Pandit said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

 
At 4:41 AM Health and wellness Blog india said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

 
At 6:43 AM Dr. Rama Krishna Reddy said...

That is great to hear, thank you for reading!

 

Post a Comment