Here's a meme I saw over at Chappys Mom, and I thought while I have some time to hang out before the meal why not answer some questions.
1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house, or going elsewhere?
DH and I love and prefer to cook dinner. We are extremely meticulous about the meals from appetizers to dessert. We have special leaf plates and we print menus and organize games. We tend to cook traditional stuff with a twist.
2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird?
We did fresh last year and it was our first turkey. It went very well. So, I don't know about us trying the frozen bird.
3. What kind of stuffing?
We have not made stuffing yet. We have been very careful about choosing the sides and researching and testing recipes, so stuffing should be our next thing to conquer.
4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie?
Pumpkin Pie. That's because we do Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Chipotle as a side dish and Curried Butternut Squash Soup.
5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing?
We found a recipe for turkey tortillas that you use brie cheese and cranberry jam. It is delicious so that solved that dilemma. I am beginning to think about the English tradition of curried turkey for the next day as well.
6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu?
Hmmm, this year we are not hosting and I am seriously missing roasted vegetables.
7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock?
8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier?
Hmmm, more time. Actually, larger kitchen.
9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour?
We don't get up too early because we have a small family which allows us the luxury of a late start.
10. If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring?
We brought the curried butternut squash soup and bruschetta with peppadew peppers with goat cheese. That was pretty good.
11. What do you wish one of your guests wouldn't bring to your house?
Every year, my father loves the stuffed mushrooms I made when I was 15. It is okay but I am tired of the dish so he makes them every year.
12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you're happy to see?
13. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu?
Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Chipotles, Roasted Vegetables with Herbs de Pronvence, Curried Butternut Squash Soup, Brie with Cranberry Jam on crackers, hmmm..... there's a lot.