Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

Well, it appears with classes, work, and the stress of buying a home, I forgot the two year anniversary today. DH reminded me last week and I forgot. He also reminded me yesterday. I kept forgetting all day until yet again DH mentioned to me that he wanted to go out for dinner and I had class tonight. Not only did I have class, I was so focused on next week's exam.

Two years ago, DH and I celebrated with friends and family in New Hope, Pennsylvania our wedding. We had a small wedding as we wanted to enjoy time with visitors from England, Puerto Rico, and other parts of the US (Texas, Florida, and New York). We modified some of the ceremony and had poems read by close friends of Julia de Burgos and William Shakespeare. The picture above was of my Uncle Quique singing Ave Maria accapella during the ceremony from the balcony of the stone farmhouse.


The mantilla I am wearing was worn by my mom thirty years earlier. The dress designed by one of my bridesmaid's mom to focus on the mantilla.

DH and I always talk about how we really enjoyed the wedding and can actually remember details from that night.

For the two years DH has been living in the US we have not had calm consistency. He has studied and changed careers while I had changed careers and began my Master's. We have had five new members of our family (the kitties) and we are looking to create a home together in a new house. It has been a rollercoaster of a ride, but DH has been there with his quirky sense of humor, empathy, and support.

Te quiero mucho, DH!

4 threads:

At 12:09 PM Anonymous said...

congrats!

 
At 3:57 PM C+SK said...

Ohh so beautiful! :-) Congratulations on your anniversary! Whishing you many more happy years to come!

 
At 2:51 PM Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!

;o)

 
At 1:13 PM Ina said...

Congratulations on two and counting!

 

Post a Comment