Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

To my Secret Pal,

Here is my answers to the Survey. I tried to answer thoroughly but please let me know if you have additional questions. I am so excited to participate in this and I want to thank you for participating in this event. This is my first interactive project and I can't wait to hear from you.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like wool, alpaca, and silk. I don't like acrylic or mohair. I love Malabrigo (it is butter), I like Debbie Bliss, I am learning to like Noro, and a lot of other yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have some needle organizers from The Organized Knitter. I want to keep my needles in vases in the future. I also picked up a cool DPN needle case.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
My friend Katie taught me to knit. I believe I am intermediate somewhere. I haven't tackled lace but I am overcoming my sweater fears. I have been knitting for two years.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I can make a wish list but right now I don't have a site.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I love Cranberry Orange candles by Illuminations, and I love trangerince cranberry (I think) from Yankee Candle. I have one of those wax tarts which I am enjoying because it has less smog. I like clean and fruity scents but I don't like floral scents. I like Pacifica candles had a scent that was lemongrass a Thai scent.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have got sweet teeth. I love sugary candy but can't be hard (no Skittles, rock candy). I don't like chocolate. I like things like Wine Gums (from England), Dulce de Leche (from bodegas), and I LOVE White Chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter cups. I am trying to remember some candy from any store in the US...
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't spin, but I do scarpbooking. I was a Creative Memories consultant so I got a ton of goodies. I plan on making an album for the kitties.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love a lot. I love the Chili Peppers. I love jazz (Ella, Ninna Simone, Billi Holiday). I love hard rock (AC/DC, Korn) and I love Spanish Rock.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love earth tone warm colors, browns, greens, burgundy, etc. I don't like blue. I appreciate blues and purples but have difficulty wearing. I haven't made up my mind about yellow and pink is a love/hate relationship.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with five cats. Oh yes, I did say five cats. I volunteer for a local shelter and we just fell in love with our kitties. We love them dearly and we hope to add some dogs to the mix when we are settled in the house. No kids. Not yet.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear ponchos. I like scarves and mittens, but I will rarely wear a hat.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I have always knitted scarves but recently I have fallen in love with sweaters. I have been knitting a lot for DH's 2nd cousin. She is so cute and I am enjoying practicing the sweater mechanics and making cute clothes.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I am making right now a baby hat from Last Minute Knitted Gifts for a teacher at my school who is pregnant. I am also knitting the wrap sweater from Big Girls Knits. I am also working on two scarves for Christmas.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I think it depends on the gift. For instance, if the handmade gift doesn't reflect my style then no like we received something blue and it was very country country and it was supposed to hang on our walls and that was crossing some interior decorating line for me. On the other hand, I received pottery from another friends and I love it. Things like bags, stitch markers, and any knitting accessories would be loved.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I love bamboo straights and circulars but no metal. I love Addi Naturas but not the metal Addis. I love Bryspun circular needles. I love Lantern Moon straights on ebony. I pretty much stick with circulars.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nope. I don't know what a swift is, but I am thinking of getting a yarn winder for the new home.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don't know. I started a wrap which is a few months only because I packed the project into boxes. Oh-not true, I still need to sew the ends of my husband's HP scarf together from last year.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I love Christmas, love, love, love and I love love love Halloween. I host Thanksgiving only so I can control the food served but I am enjoying that as I grow older. I love New Year's as well. I love a lot of holidays. The idea of spending time with friends and family and just chilling with lots of food.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Not really. I am not a tchotchky (spelling?) person. Aside from my yarn, I don't like to have lots of stuff. Although, we do have tons of mugs, large, gargantous mugs.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
For some reason, I haven't got any magazine subscriptions, but I do like Interweave Knits. As far as books, I don't have any Elizabeth Zimmerman books which I think would be an excellent addition to my collection.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I just learned and love cables. I am going to join the Central Park KAL.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I have not started knitting socks. Are foot measurements my shoe size? I am a 7 1/2 US.
23. When is your birthday?
April 19, 197X. I still pass for younger than my age, so I won't disclose the full details. I am an Aries on the cusp of Taurus.

2 threads:

At 1:20 AM CynCyn said...

the oldest you could be is mid thirties, and that's young! 5 cats. holy. kamoly. i just have 2 and it's all i can do to keep the fur under control.
have fun with the SP... it's so much fun! (i almost liked giving better than getting... ALMOST)

 
At 2:53 PM Anonymous said...

ah. your christmas gift/anniversary is a swift, with the condition that i can come use it anytime, and your chance to pick through my stack of books and magazines. because i need to clear out a lot!!! ;o)

i also need to get back into knitting. maybe this winter. i have that abfab afghan still *yikes*

 

Post a Comment