Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About


That's right people. Wendy Johnson, of Wendy Knits, will be visiting Montclair for a book signing. I have already purchased my book this past week and took advantage of not having a class and did some readings. I wasn't even aware of all the work she did for the mouse a-long where knitters knit catnip mice to be donated for an animal shelter. I was aware of her kitty-pi a-long where people donated felted cat beds which were given to Petfinder to be given for senior cats who were adopted. Anyways, Wendy is here on May 20th. I am very happy. My friend will come to NJ for the signing and I am currently working on a small project. More on that later.


Oh, so here are the details. Wendy will be at sns on May 20th, 2006, from 2-4pm. This is the day before the PAWS for a Bite which means I am having one crazy weekend. Also, on the sns front-they are donating gift baskets to Art for PAWS. Art for PAWS is another fundraiser on Sunday, June 4, 2006, which is the auctioning of artwork and baskets where all the money will be donated to the shelter. I will post more details on this event. Bookmark your calendars as there will be Aveda massagers giving massages for donations. AND, did I mention lots of yummy gift baskets from stix-n-stitches, Spice it up, Semplice, all sorts of good stuff.

I just returned from the sns Thursday night knitting. While I did finish a quick potato chip scarf tonight. I also picked up some gossip that will make everyone drool. sns will now carry the full and complete Debbie Bliss line, and on June 17th they will have a special guest to introduce the line. Check back in and I will release more info, but trust me, you will want to hear more on this one...

4 threads:

At 10:26 PM Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It's fun to hear from other NJ knitters. I just discovered the web ring last night and am very happy about it. I haven't been to Stix-n-Stitches yet. I went to their web site and it looks like a great lys. Looks like my snb needs to take a road trip! The t-shirt in my post is from www.thinkgeek.com.

 
At 11:29 PM Mary said...

I got to meet Wendy briefly this past weekend - a really nice, down-to-earth lady. Enjoy the book and the book-signing! :-)

 
At 10:23 AM C+SK said...

Oh darn, I'll miss Wendy's signing - we'll be in Maine!!! - ahh but I will make it for the Art for Paws and I can't wait to find out details of the Debbie Bliss event!!

 
At 3:04 PM forgetfulstitcher9 said...

Hey! Missed you last night, so I didn't get to see your scarf, nor for that matter your "Clap". Where are your pictures of that???

 

Post a Comment