Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

Well, Margaret and I made it to Rutherford Library to see the Yarn Harlot do a book reading and signing which was a hoot! The event contained a who's who of knitters in blogosphere and in general. In attendance was Annie Modesitt, Lynn the owner of an LYS in Montclair, the Jersey Knitter, and more. It was a decent crowd and there was even people who saw the Yarn Harlot in Lord & Taylor last year which is cool and surreal because that was a great event as well.

Well, now that I picked up my Knitting Rules book from s-n-s, got it signed, I am sitting down tonight and reading the book. A nice quiet night at home with no school work, no errands, no jobs to do, nothing but a book and some knitting.

Ok, while I mention, stix-n-stitches, let me just say I love my LYS. When I lost my job, I was totally welcome to visit the store and sit and knit. Sheila, Sunday, and Deborah always were incredibly nice to me and treated me like family. Sometimes when we are down we just need a warm and positive place to visit. Yesterday before I went to see the Harlot, I stopped by to pick up her new book, and a customer came in talking about her rough day and said, "I just wanted to stop by and pick up some positive energy." I think if there is a place like that where one can go, especially a LYS for a knitter, then we are blessed.

2 threads:

At 11:04 PM Anonymous said...

It was very nice to meet you!

 
At 5:05 PM C+SK said...

I live near Montclair - I need to go check out your LYS!

 

Post a Comment