Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

So, it seems that my casting on has not been that brilliant, and neither has been my purl. So, I went to my local LYS with the pattern for the mice from Stitch n' Bitch Nation, asking Elly (store owner) to show me how to read the pattern. I should have known it was arithmetic (blegh) and after that she was explaining how to make one (M1), and then I spent my Saturday afternoon being taught through the pattern how to purl, make one, i-cord, and how to use double pointed needles. As much as I appreciate graphics in knitting books, I think it confuses me more than anything. So, I went home and sewed the mouse together, ears, tail and stuffed it with some catnip. In one day, the mouse is missing an ear and part of the tail is already gone.

I made a second one in a different yarn (I am not at that point where I can talk about the yarn I am buying I understand it is yarn, I cannot describe its weight, what type of yarn, etc). Hopefully, this one should last longer.

I am hoping that next week that I will work on the basketweave pattern in the same book.

0 threads:

Post a Comment