Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About


So, I obviously spent a lot of time studying for my final this Wednesday. Ahem. Yeah. I only have to read ten chapters and then remember what I read. You have to give me some slack it is the official last test I have to take in the program. I keep thinking don't screw this up you are so close to the end.

I finished the last two sleeves of Green Gable and it fits great. It is a little big because I did panic about the size of my arms and I think I really could have gotten away with the smaller size (I did something in between). I did extend the stitch pattern at the top because I thought it was pretty and tasteful. I didn't make 3/4 sleeves rather did the full sleeve. The arms were a little baggy and Lisa validated my belief that this should be a full sleeve. Okay, last thing, the rib at the bottom keeps curling up which is driving me crazy. I didn't do the rib in the larger needle as recommended so I am debating if I should go back reknit the rib much looser (it worked on the cuffs) and a little longer. Ideas?
Posted by Picasa

8 threads:

At 12:21 AM IrishGirlieKnits said...

Wow! Your purple gable is looking great!

Good luck on your last test!!

 
At 12:18 PM BEESTLYproducts said...

no dice, girly.
my malabrigo sweater is starting to do some weird stuff.
I'm kinda pissed.
i may try to re-block it.

 
At 11:17 AM CynCyn said...

Hope last test went well. I think re-doing the rib in a bigger needle will help with the curling.

 
At 11:20 AM Kim said...

Looking excllent! I always opt to do a full sleeve rather than a 3/4 sleeve. Curling ribbing? That's very strange.

 
At 11:28 AM Deborah said...

now that school is out monica, maybe i'll spend a day knitting with you over at your shop. i hope you did well with the finals!

 
At 11:26 PM Ina said...

Good luck with the official last test!

Curling ribbing? How strange. Doesn't one usually knit ribbing on a smaller needle, not a larger one?

 
At 7:46 PM C+SK said...

It's looking great!!!

Have you blocked it? That may stop the bottom from curling. Otherwise, get some cotton ribbon in the small colour and hand sew it on the inside - that should give it enough weight.

 
At 7:47 PM C+SK said...

I meant same colour, not small...

 

Post a Comment