Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

Well, Christmas is almost here, and I am so excited. Honestly, we are doing a very low key Christmas because we are just sliding by with several jobs (I am almost done with the internship, almost done with the internship-it's a chant) but I still love this time of the year. I love driving at night and seeing all the homes decorated and this year we actually have a tree (that none of the pets have knocked down-yeah!). So, I promised some knitting updates, here they are-

My mom's Christmas present (she doesn't read my blog so I am cool with posting) it is a ribbed cowl in Misti Alpaca chunky and it is heavenly. Sunday and I were competiting to finished first and she beat me (hers was in the same yarn in a dark rusty red). I love this thing and I think she will love its smooshy character.

This is my everyday sweater. It is the Mr. Greenjeans pattern with no cables in Araucania Multi. I am enjoying this sweater and I can't wait to wear (I hope it fits nicely though I am taking some chances with it). If you haven't noticed I am not a huge fan of variegated yarns, I am just boring and okay with that. I love the splotches of colors.

Lastly, these are my mindless socks. I only have ten minute breaks at my other job and I need something I can knit relatively easy without care or concern and quickly. The jitterbug has a funny pooling to it that I guess most hand dyed sock yarns have. Anyways, I am not really concerned about finishing the socks they are more my anchor for sanity during my job.
Posted by Picasa

5 threads:

At 4:51 AM IrishGirlieKnits said...

I love love love the modification to your Mr. Greenjeans! And the color is absolutely gorgeous!

Great job!

 
At 11:56 AM BEESTLYproducts said...

you're a sweater machine!
i really like the colorway :-)
have a good holiday <3333

 
At 12:23 PM Bezzie said...

Love the Mr. GJ! And great quickie yet thoughtful cowl for your mom!

 
At 12:35 PM Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love how the Multy knits up!

 
At 1:34 PM Anonymous said...

Hi Monica,

I love your Mr. GreenJeans. You've encouraged me to go pull mine out!

Necia

 

Post a Comment