Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About


Well, Friday night I helped Margaret compile her knitting binders for her birthday bash at Modern Yarn. The binder consisted of dozens of how-tos and free patterns for the bash of 12 women who attended. In addition, we also received lovely goodie bags (ahem
our the mature phrase favors) which are pictured below.

So, Saturday we started the afternoon at Margaret's with lunch made by Balducci's and yummy desserts. Then, a group of us went to MY for knitting and instructions. Although, we were a few minutes late Paige and Christina were extremely patient and understanding. We brought the wine with us and picked out our yarns. I chose Rowan Kidsilk which was nice and mossy green. Since, I have the nasic knit purl concept pretty good, I chose the cable hat pattern so I could work with cables for the first time. Anyone who says that cabling is easy is absolutely right! It is very easy and the tool only looks confusing. I think the more ambitious project for the night were those who chose a baby blanket or a shrug with limited knowledge. But, hey, remember I chose the Oat Couture Flower Petal Shawl as my second knitting project ever.

0 threads:

Post a Comment