Check Out Home | stix-n-stitches | Iggy's Place | About

Catching up with some of my bookmarked blogs (something I know have to do at night or on the weekends due to my lack of internet during the daytime), I came across a reading meme I caught on Sittin' Here Knittin'

Meme instructions : Look at the list of books below. Bold the ones you've read, italicize the ones you might read, cross out the ones you won't, underline the ones on your book shelf, and place parentheses around the ones you've never even heard of.

The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams
The Great Gatsby - F.Scott Fitzgerald

To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
(His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman )
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J. K. Rowling
(Life of Pi - Yann Martel)
Animal Farm: A Fairy Story - George Orwell
Catch-22 - Joseph Heller

The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien
(The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon)
Lord of the Flies - William Golding
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
1984 - George Orwell

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J. K. Rowling
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden

(The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini)
(The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold)
Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut
(Angels and Demons - Dan Brown)
Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
(Neuromancer - William Gibson)
(Cryptonomicon - Neal Stephenson)
(The Secret History - Donna Tartt)
A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte

Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C. S. Lewis
(iddlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides)
(Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell)
The Lord of the Rings - J. R. R. Tolkien
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
Good Omens - Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman
(Atonement - Ian McEwan)
(The Shadow Of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon)
The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
Dune - Frank Herbert

Unfortunately, I couldn't work my mojo to cross out but rule of thumb J.R.R. Tolkien will not be read by me as I had attempted to read Lord of the Rings before the move came out and thought it was painful and despite seeing all three films thought they were painful as well.

I haven't read books in a while and considering I used to read so much, that is sad. Now that I am taking college courses on Counseling, I have to read a lot, but now I have the reading bug hitting me. I may actually start with Harry Potter as I love the movies.

Speaking of Harry. I reached 11 bars on the Gryffindor scarf. Suddenly, working on the scarf has taken a long time and the primary reason the scarf has slowed down is because I realized I lacked sufficient yarn for the project. I followed the recommended amount and I am short 2 skeins (possibly 1) in the burgundy. Can you imagine ordering 1 skein from Knitpicks? Well, neither can I, especially when $40 qualifies for a free shipment. Sadly, I am on strict yarn diet and cannot spend what Rachel Ray recommends for the daily amount of money to spend on food when travelling. Thus, I slowed the knitting process to extend the pleasure of the process. Oh well.

Let me leave this post on a positive note. I received an A on my largest project for my class, and have been receiving similar grades on my weekly summaries, so it appears I will do well in the class. Most important, the graduate school received my application and made a few requests which I adhered and now I believe my application is considered 100% complete. Yeah!

2 threads:

At 11:14 AM Anonymous said...

to kill a mockingbird is my favorite book of all time. very very worth reading. i can also recommend the time travelers wife and the his dark materials trilogy very highly. :-)

 
At 10:29 PM Anonymous said...

the lovely bones.. i love that book..

 

Post a Comment